Founded in 1992 by parents, medical professionals, and social justice activists, the Childhood Lead Action Project is a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating childhood lead poisoning in Rhode Island through parent support, community-based education, and grassroots advocacy.
The Childhood Lead Action Project’s activities for Lead Poisoning Prevention Week and Children’s Health Month include:
- Multilingual lead poisoning prevention social media campaign on facebook [facebook.com], instagram [instagram.com], and twitter [twitter.com]
- 6-part interactive lead poisoning prevention training series for Community Health Workers covering lead hazard identification, community lead prevention resources, and short and long-term prevention tips
- 3-hour self-guided online RI Lead Hazard Awareness Seminar [lhas.leadsafekids.org] for landlords
- Lead safety pamphlet distribution via direct service partners including schools, food distribution sites, and medical providers in high-risk cities of Providence, Pawtucket, and Central Falls, RI
- 1:1 technical assistance and resource referrals for parents, tenants, homeowners, landlords, contractors, and others via our Lead Information Line: (401) 785-1310
To volunteer, donate, or request a lead safety training for a Rhode Island audience, contact the Childhood Lead Action Project at email@example.com or (401) 785-1310.