The NH Healthy Homes and Lead Poisoning Prevention Program has been hosting education sessions for property owners since June 2019. The two hour sessions are held in Concord at the Division of Public Health Services. HHLPPP staff collaborate with representatives from NH Legal Assistance and the State’s three HUD Lead Hazard Control Grant Programs to provide both educational presentations and answer questions. Sessions are held on the second Tuesday, bi-monthly, from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Some of the content topics these information sessions include are:
- Health impact of lead poisoning
- What property owners need to know about the EPA Real Estate disclosure law for sale and rental of properties
- What property owners need to know about the EPA Renovate, Repair and Paint lead safe work practices when working on or hiring contractors to work on your property(s)
- RSA 130-A Lead Paint Poisoning Prevention and Control Lead Hazard Investigations
- Administrative Orders of Lead Hazard Reduction
- How to access funding from New Hampshire’s HUD Lead Hazard Control Grants
- What property owners need to know about lead poisoning and New Hampshire tenant law
Attendees at the sessions have included property owners, contractors, health officers, code enforcement, tenants, legislators, public health professionals, contractors, tenants, and elected and municipal employees. Sessions are free and open to the public. Registration is required.
The next session is scheduled for April 13, 2021 and will be a virtual meeting on Zoom.
Dates scheduled for the remainder of 2020 (via Zoom): June 8